- January 24, 2020
- Posted by: Dayton Davis
- Category: Insurance
When hosting a major event such as a Stag and Doe party for a future bride and groom, there are many things to consider. You will need to think about the guest list, what type of food you are serving, the entertainment, decorations, and also the venue. One thing that an event host may not think about is “Do I need insurance for my stag and doe”?
Do I Need Event Liability Insurance for my Stag and Doe Party?
Liability insurance may be the last thing on your mind when planning an upcoming Shag and Doe party. But that doesn’t make it any less critical. It is not legally mandatory in Ontario to take out this insurance. But most venues in the Ontario area will require you to take out coverage if you are hosting a big event.
Many venues will require you to show proof of purchase or a written contract providing that coverage is enforced. This action is done to protect the site and its owners against any possible legal action they could face.
What is PAL Insurance and Why Do I Need It?
PAL insurance, also known as Party Alcohol Liability Insurance, is a form of general liability and host liability coverage. Doing so takes care of any legal fees or similar issues you may endure if the following were to occur.
- If any party attendants leave the event after drinking and get into an accident. PAL insurance can offer coverage in the event of an injury or death due to an accident and cover legal costs if needed due to negligence.
- PAL coverage also takes care of you as the host of the event and protects you against any incidents which aren’t related to alcohol. These incidents can include if an attendee accidentally slips and falls, gets hurt while on site of the venue, or if they seek out legal action if they become hurt while at the event.
Is a Liquor License Required for a PAL Insurance Policy?
A liquor license is not required if you take out a PAL insurance policy. However, a license is needed before you can host an event that serves alcohol. Therefore, most people will apply for a liquor license if they plan on taking out PAL insurance or if they are hosting a Stag and Doe party.
What Should I Know Before Taking Out a PAL Insurance Policy?
There are a few things that all Ontario residents should know before they take out a PAL insurance policy. These things should be researched whenever you plan to host a big event.
- You will need to have all the personal details about the host of the party. Details include their name, address, phone number, and email address. These are not necessarily the personal details of the bride and groom, but the person who is taking charge as the host of the party.
- Party hosts should find out what the venue recommends or requires for event liability insurance. They may request between $1 million and $5 million in liability coverage. If you are interested in several event venues and have yet to make up your mind, you will want to find out the recommended amount from each site.
- You will also need to know which parties should be listed on the policy as additional named insureds individuals. If you aren’t sure about the venue yet, you will need to know the name of the venue and the township it is in so that all parties are covered.
- The number of people attending the party is another factor that you will need to know before getting an estimate on a PAL insurance policy. If you are unsure about the exact number of people attending, provide them with the number of people listed on your liquor license.
It is also a good idea to have your liquor license on hand when you are inquiring about a price. Doing so will give you the majority of the information you will need to provide to the insurance agent and will also help speed up the process of receiving a quote.
Contact Duliban Insurance Brokers Today For More Details on Buying Insurance for your Stag and Doe Party
If there is a big event coming up you are hosting, taking out a PAL insurance policy could be very useful. Keep in mind that you can purchase liability limits in 1 million dollar increments up to $5 million. The price of your policy will depend on the amount of coverage you take out, and the number of guests attending your event. For example, a PAL insurance policy with $2 million in liability coverage for between 101 to 500 guests could cost on average around $253.80.
To learn more about buying PAL Insurance policies contact the experts at Duliban Insurance Brokers at 1-855-385-4226. Our licensed professionals will be happy to answer any questions you have.